In order for Evaluators to see the users they are supposed to evaluate in their accounts, permissions have to be granted to evaluators by a System Administrator.
There are four different permission types that you can grant to a user:
- View and Record: This allows the evaluator to both view the evaluations that are completed and also, gives them the ability to perform new evaluations.
- View: This allows the evaluator to see the evaluations without being able to perform any evaluations (this type is generally used for high level administrators).
- Record: This allows the evaluator to perform new evaluations, but not view self-assesments and documents recorded by other evaluators (this type can be used in situations where you might have a guest Captain performing evaluations to avoid unintended bias).
- Exclude: This allows to remove a specific person or profile group from other permission(s) you've assigned to the user.
- From the left navigation of the Administrator page, click Permissions. You will see a table with users that already have permissions. You can edit or delete existing permissions on this page. The table will be empty if none of the users have been granted permissions yet.
- Uncheck 'Has Permission' and click Apply to display all users with no permissions.
- Next to the name of the person you wish to assign permissions, click the Add link.
- In the resulting modal, select the type of permission, any user profile filters and then click Add.
Users can have multiple permissions for different profile groups. For instance, a single user could have permissions to View the evaluations for all users at Station 1, but only have Record permissions for those at Station 51 who are also on Shift A.
Additionally, if I know that I do not want this person to be able to see or record for Battalion Chiefs, I can easily add an Exclude permission for that Rank.
And then lastly, if this user is also the leader of the HazMat team, I can give them the blanket View and Record permission that Specialty.
To set this up, I'd click Add for each of the permission types and when I was done, their permissions would look like this:
To see the list of users an evaluator can view or record for, click the Check Access link next to their name. From here, you can view users available for all permission types, as well as see the evaluators with access to the particular user.