Question subtype is what dictates who can answer the question in a form. It is very important to check your question subtypes in a form and make sure they are correct before publishing it. Failure to do so can cause the form to not be set up properly, and leading to users not being able to answer questions that are meant for them to answer.
You can choose a subtype when you are adding a question at the top of the screen:
Subtypes other than Normal will appear above each question on the form build page. In the screenshot below, the Pass/Fail question is set to Normal and the Text Entry question is set to Reflection.
Here is a breakdown of each subtype:
- Normal - allows the author to answer.
- Reflection - allows the evaluee to answer.
- Third Party - allows anyone with View permission, other than author and evaluee, to answer. This subtype is typically for questions to be answered by secondary evaluators or supervisors.
- Any Evaluator - allows any user with Record permission, except the evaluee, to answer.
- Anyone - allows any user with Record permission, including the evaluee, to answer.
- Read Only - does NOT allow anyone to answer. This is typically used for instructions and examples.
Please use this chart to help determine the subtype you should use:
|Who initiates the form?||Who answers the question?||Subtype|
|Evaluee||Evaluator with View Only Permission||Third Party|
|Evaluator||Evaluator with View Only Permission||Third Pary|
|Either||No one||Read Only|