Administrators can create a new credential or modify an existing credential within the Manage Credentials section.
Here’s how it works:
- From the Administration tab, select the Manage Credentials option.
- Select New Credential, to navigate to the credential customization page.
- Select the Category you wish to house the credential within. Please note that if the Category in which you want to place your new Credential does not exist, you will need to Create a new Credential Category.
- Choose whether you would like to create a Custom credential or use on of our Certified credentials. Certified vs. Custom Credentials
- By choosing to add a Certified Credential you will be provided a drop down list under the name section. This will provide you with all available certified credentials available to your organization. (Examples: NREMT, AEMT, Paramedic, EMT-Basic)
- Within both Certified and Custom credentials you will have several options which include:
- Description: you can add a brief description of the credential or what it will cover.
- Options: This is where you chose what the credential requires, such as a Start Date, Expiration Date and Credential Number (i.e.: a license or certification number).
- Allow users to view and/or edit this credential:
- By choosing Yes you will allow the users to view the credential requirements.
- By choosing No you will hide the credential from your users. The credential will still be available to track the users progress on the specified requirements.
- Allow users to view in:
- My Credentials: allow the users to view the credential within their My Credentials section of their account.
- Schedule: allows the user to view the credential within their home page under the schedule section.
- Pin to Schedule: This will keep the credential “pinned”. This helps keep the credential above any other scheduled items.
Note: once the credential has been completed, it will no longer show in the schedule on the home page, even if that option has been selected.
- Allow users to edit:
- Start and Expiration Dates: will allow the users to change their own start and expiration dates from within the credential
- Credential Number: allows the users to add or update their certificate/license number
- Attachments: allows users to remove and add attachments to their own credentials
- If all credential requirements have been completed within the users specified dates, automatically renew credential:
- This section allows administrators to choose if they would like the credential to automatically renew for the next term.
- On requirement completion date: If this option is selected, the credential will automatically reset at midnight on the date the final requirement is met.
- On expiration date: If this option is selected, the credential will automatically reset at midnight on the expiration date, if all requirements have been met.
- Do not automatically renew credential: If selected the credential will not renew automatically.
Note: Regardless of the renewal selection, in order for a credential to auto renew all requirements must be met prior to the date of the expiration.
4. Once you have successfully filled in and selected your credentials settings, Click .
To edit any of the information, click the Gear Icon in the Credential Options box.
Please see the following links for more information about Manage Credentials