Assigning users to view a resource, such as a video or PDF, takes 3 steps: adding the resource to the File Center, attaching it to a custom activity and assigning out the activity to your users.
Here is how it works:
1. Add the resource to the File Center
- From your Home page, open the File Center.
- Click Upload File or Add Link.
- If the file is saved on your computer, drag it to the up-loader.
- If you are uploading a link to a website, click Web Address and then enter the URL. Click Add.
2. Attach it to a Custom Activity
- Under Administration, select Activities Builder.
- Select Create a New Activity.
- Pick a Category, choose a Name, and then fill out any other relevant information. Then click Save.
- This is your activity. Add any components from the list on the right that you need tracked. Most importantly, you need to add a Resource.
- Select the resource from the File Center and add instructions. Require an E-signature if you want to be sure they opened the attachment.
3. Assign out the activity to your users
- Under Administration, drop down the Assignments tab.
- Click Create New Assignments.
- Check the box next to the name of the activity that you just created. Then click Continue.
- Choose the users desired users from Column 2. Once selected, they will appear in Column 3. You can narrow down your search by using Column 1.
- You can now select Start and Due Dates, as well as Email Notification Settings. Click Submit when finished.