Supervisors are given specific rights to certain Users and applications within their TargetSolutions site. Only Administrators can Create Supervisors and Give Appropriate Access to Oversee Users in Manage Users, however Supervisors with access to Manage Supervisors will be able to mass create and manage existing supervisors in the Manage Supervisors tool.
Here’s how it works:
- In the Administration section, select Manage Users.
- Click the green Find Users button located within the Manage Users section.
- Select the Users from within the section '2. Select Users' list and click continue.
- Click on the name of the person you wish to modify.
- Select the Access Tab from the option bar.
- Within the Access Tab you can make selections to determine the type of access the new Supervisor will have and who they can Oversee.
Note: A Supervisor essentially has limited rights to specific applications as well as Users.
- Allows you to select program functionality for the new Supervisor to utilize while Overseeing the groups specified.
Groups User Oversees:
- When updating the Groups Oversees, it is important to note that the more boxes checked between categories (i.e. Rank, Shift, Station, etc.) the more limited the Users become.
- For Example: If you select for a Supervisor to oversee Rank: firefighter, Shift: A and EMS Classification: Basic, the user must have all three groups selected within the Organization portion of their account. If a user is missing one of the three categories, they will not pull within the Supervisors list, even if they fall within the other two categories. Please see the examples below:
Example of Limited Access to Users: (Filters the user list)
Example of Access to All Users: (Provides access to all users)
Note: Supervisors are unable to create other supervisors within Manage Users. This is strictly an administrative function. Supervisors with access to Manage Supervisors can create and manage other supervisors in the Manage Supervisors tool.
Please see the following links for more information about Managing Users: