Administrators can add different Topics, which need to be created before adding a course or activity to a Custom credential. Here’s how it works:
- In Manage Credentials, click the Down Arrow next to the Credentials category containing your credential.
- Select the credential to which you would like to add curriculum.
- Click on the right side of the Topics box.
- Type in the Name and Required Hours for the New Topic.
- In the User Options category, select one of the following choices.
- Courses/Activities are viewable and can be accessed from the user’s detail page: This creates links to each course or activity from inside the credential on the users home page.
- Courses/Activities are viewable and cannot be accessed from the user’s detail page: Courses and activities are listed for the user. The Administrator is in charge of assigning the training.
- Courses/Activities are not viewable or accessible from the user’s detail page: The list of training is not viewable to the user.
6. In the Overflow Option category, choose to check or uncheck the box that states: Allow overflow hours from other topics. Creating an overflow category allows users to count additional training from a different category after they have met the required number of hours.
7. Click Save.
Now that the Topic has been created, you can add courses and/or activities to it.
- Click the icon next to the Topic.
- Select the courses or activities that apply to your credential topic. You can use the Search bar at the top of the window to narrow the list of training.
- Click Add and your course/activity will be added to the topic.
Please see the following links for more information about Manage Credentials