Administrators can control both who can be evaluated using a particular form and who can use that form to evaluate others. This is done with the Publish-restricted form status.
The Publish-restricted form status is like the Published status in that you will only be able to edit certain elements within the form. Make sure your form is ready-for-use before setting it to the Publish-restricted status.
Note that form permissions in no way override the user permissions set up. For example, if a form is set to only allow Firefighters to use it to evaluate users, but no users in the Firefighter rank have evaluator permissions, then no one is going to be able to use that form.
Setting Up Permissions
- Login as an EV+ administrator and click Forms within the administrator menu (on the left)
- Click Edit next to your form
- If the form is ready for use, select "Publish-restricted" in the Status setting and click Save
- The form is now published BUT CANNOT BE USED by anyone. Forms in the Publish-restricted setting must have permissions set up before they can be used.
- Click "Edit/View" to open the window that will allow you to view and set up permissions
Like with user permissions, you have the option to both include and exclude groups and individuals who can be evaluated/use the form to evaluate others. You must have at least 1 "Include" permission in both sections for anyone to be able to use the form.
- Click "Add" in the Evaluator Access section
- Select the type of permission, any user profile filters (to give all of your evaluators access to use the form, simply leave the filters blank)
- Click the Add button
- Continue adding evaluator permissions until you are satisfied
- Repeat these steps for the Evaluee Access section
- Click the Save button
Remember that form permissions in no way override the user permissions set up.
- If you include users who have no evaluation rights set up for their account, they won't be able to use the form.
- If an evaluator is given access to use the form, they will only be able to evaluate the cross-section of users designated in the Evaluee section and the users they have access over (given within user permissions)
In this example:
Who can use the form to evaluate others
- All evaluators with the Rank of Battalion Chief
- All evaluators with the Rank of Captain who are also in Shift A
- The evaluator Joey Caldwell
Who can be evaluated using this form:
- Every user in the site EXCEPT those with a Rank of Fire Chief
- When an evaluator does not have access to use a form to evaluate others, the form will not appear when he/she clicks New to kick off a new evaluation for any user
- When an evaluee does not have access to be evaluated using a form, the form will not appear when the evaluator selects the restricted evaluee and clicks New to kick off a new evaluation
- When an evaluator does not have access to use a form to evaluate others, the form will not appear when he/she clicks the + icon to kick off a new evaluation
- When an evaluee does not have access to be evaluated using a form, the evaluee will not appear in the list of available users after the restricted form has been selected