There are several email notification options that can be set up and customized within Account Preferences.
Setting Up Notifications
You can choose to set up email notifications when different evaluation related events occur. To enable notifications:
- Login as an EV+administrator and from the administrator menu (on the left) click Account Preferences
- Click the Evaluations tab and scroll down to the Notifications section
- Use the dropdowns to enable the different notification types
There are 4 different evaluation related events that can prompt a notification.
- Form Shared: When a form is shared with the evaluee
- Form First Reflection Question: When an evaluee first responds within his/her evaluation - for instance, when they leave a comment or sign their form
- Form Signed: When a form is signed by anyone
- Form Completed: When a form is completed
For each notification event, you can control who should receive the notification.
- Evaluees: The user being evaluated
- Supervisors: The direct supervisor of the user being evaluated
- Author: The evaluator who first started the evaluation
- Evaluators: Each evaluator with a Record permission over the user being evaluated
For each notification event AND each recipient type, you can control the frequency of the notifications.
- Never: Notifications for this action and recipient are never sent
- Immediate: Sent immediately after the action occurs
- Daily: Digest of each instance of actions that occurred during that day is sent at midnight each night
- Weekly: Digest of each instance of actions that occurred during that week is sent at midnight each Saturday night
Best Practice Tip
Be thoughtful when setting up notifications. If most of your evaluation forms are skill-sheet-type forms, where it's typical for an evaluator to complete them, sign them, share them all at one time, then sending Immediate notification emails to the Evaluee for all 3 events (as pictured in the screenshot above) is probably not ideal because your evaluee will receive 3 emails every time he/she is evaluated.
You are free to customize the subject and body of each combination of notification options. Meaning that the subject and body of an immediate Form Shared notification that gets sent to the evaluee can be different from the subject and body that goes to an evaluator.
To customize notifications templates:
- Click the Edit Template link next to any notification type.
- Look at the Relationship dropdown menu. Make sure you are editing the template for your intended recipient type.
Event and Relationship
The Edit Template window allows you to quickly switch to editing different types of notifications. Use these dropdowns to change the notification template you are editing. SAVE before you switch Event or Relationship to avoid clearing your edits.
The Event dropdown will default to the notification type next to the "Edit Template" link you clicked.
The Relationship downdown will default to Evaluee. Use the dropdown to switch to a different recipient type.
Subject and Body
This is where you'll enter the subject and body of the email that is sent for the particular notification. Use the fill-in fields to populate data about the event that prompted the notification.
Example: See the subject and body in the screenshot above. I evaluated John Smith donning and doffing PPE on November 12th, 2020 and shared the evaluation with him. The body of the Evaluee Immediate Form Shared notification email sent to John would look like this:
Fill-in fields populate system data into your email. Depending on the template you're editing, you have several options.
|<EVALUEE_NAME>||Name of the person that was evaluated|
|<EVALUEE_EMAIL>||The email address (in the TargetSolutions platform) for the person who was evaluated|
|<FORM_NAME>||Name of the form that was used for the evaluation that prompted the notification|
|<FORM_START_DATE>||The date on which the evaluation that prompted the notification was started (when the New button was clicked or the + icon was tapped in the mobile app)|
|<EVALUATOR_NAME>||The evaluator who started the evaluation (clicked the New button or tapped the + icon in the mobile app), also known as the Author|
|<EVALUATOR_EMAIL>||The email address (in the TargetSolutions platform) for the Author of the evaluation that prompted the notification|
|<EVENT_DATE>||The date the event occurred - depending on the notification type, this will be the date the evaluation was shared, the date an evaluee first responded within his/her evaluation, the date the evaluation was signed or the date the evaluation was completed)|
|<EVENT_TIME>||The time the event occurred (see above)|
|<PASSFAIL_STATUS>||If the form contains a Pass/Fail question that is marked as "Use as form pass/fail status", the response to that question (a Pass or a Fail) will show in the body of the email.|
To edit the information that appears in Daily or Weekly digest emails, use the line next to the "Digest" header. The text is how each line of information will appear.
Example: See the Digest line in the screenshot above. There were 3 people evaluated on November 12th, 2020 and those evaluations were shared with them by their evaluators. The body of the Evaluator Daily Form Shared notification would look like this:
Universal Digest Subject and Body
The default subjects of Daily and Weekly digests are "Daily Digest" and "Weekly Digest", respectively. As you can see from the screenshot above, the body of digest emails contain only the text you've entered into the Digest lines of your templates.
You have the option to edit the subject and add additional information to the digest emails. These edits will effect the digest emails of ALL notification event types.
Click "Daily" or "Weekly" to universally edit the digest emails.
Example: See the universal edits made to digest emails in the screenshot above. With these edits, the same digest email in the example directly above would look like this: