Configuring your Hydrants Equipment Pool:
- To start configuring hydrants, click on the Equipment tab, then create a new Equipment Pool.
- When adding a new equipment pool, be sure that the 'Fixed Asset' and 'Water Source' options are both selected. These options will allow you to enter the location of the hydrant as well as expose the Flow Calculator that is specifically relevant to hydrants.
- Within your equipment pool, you can manually add hydrants, or you can upload several at once using the equipment import tool. For help with the import tool, watch the video above or check out the How To Add Equipment video
- Once you enter in the hydrant location information, either by uploading the latitude and longitude in a spreadsheet or adding the location in the individual hydrant information, you'll see the hydrant locations in the 'Map' tab or your equipment pool.
To configure your hydrant inspections, follow the steps below:
- Click the Hydrants equipment pool, then click 'Inspections'.
- Choose an inspection, then click 'Manage'. For more on building equipment inspections, see the Equipment Inspections video HERE.
- Click 'Add Hydrant Flow Inspection' to expose the flow calculator.
- Choose a hydrant and start the inspection.
Based on the water flow entered into the inspection, the hydrant bonnets will update on the map to reflect the GPM colors as defined by the NFPA.