Service reminders help you schedule and track your preventative maintenance (PM) program for your vehicles.
Required Permission: Make sure you have enabled Manage Service Task.
There are three concepts to understand when setting up your service reminders:
- Service Tasks - what tasks your department cares about doing to keep your apparatus in shape.
- Service Reminders - Set a schedule for doing a task on an apparatus
- Service Entry - A record that you performed a service task on the vehicle
Service reminders are the group of settings that bind a task to an apparatus and tells the system when they should be triggered.
Required Reminder Fields - The following fields are required to setup a service reminder:
- Apparatus: One or many apparatus can be selected. These are the apparatus the reminder will be setup for.
- Service Task: Which service task do you want to set the reminder for?
- Remind me every: How frequently do you want the reminder to be triggered. Examples would be '1 year' or '6 months', or 3,000 miles.
- Readings before due soon reminder: How many consecutive (non-voided) entries before you receive a notification?
- Next Due: If you prefer to, you can set the notification to be sent on a specific date or mileage reading. An example would be to set the next due reminder to May 1st, so I’ll get a reminder on that day regardless of the mileage or month frequency I set up in the ‘Remind me every…’ fields.
- How far before the due date do you want to be notified: This is relating to the ‘Next Due’ section, and lets you set up how far in advance of the due date you’d like to be notified of the service reminder.
If you choose to enable email notifications you can select a ticket type. The system will email the users in that ticket type to let them know when the service task is coming due. The system will also create a work order upon the due date, and each ticket subscriber will be notified when the work order is generated.
Service Entries are your historical records for the apparatus. You can always add service entries to a vehicle. There are two primary ways to do that.
- Resolve a Service Reminder: Next to a triggered service reminder you will see an option to 'Enter Service Entry'.
- Add an Entry:
- Click on the 'Service History' tab and then click 'Add New Entry'.
- No matter how a service entry is added, it will reset the reminder for that vehicle if there is one.