The following 13 courses were approved by The Louisiana Department of Health:
- Drinking Water Quality - Critical Parameters
- Drinking Water Quality - Monitoring & Security
- Drinking Water Quality - Water Treatment Technology
- Aquifer Remediation
- Lead Contamination of Public Water Systems
- Rehabilitation of Water Distribution Systems: Current Technologies
- Rehabilitation of Water Distribution Systems: Designing Renewal Projects
- Rehabilitation of Water Distribution Systems: Selecting Rehab Methods
- Pumping Stations - Piping, Valves and Hydraulics
- Pumping Stations - Pumps, Motors and Electrical Systems
- Hazardous Waste Treatment
- Storm Water Management: Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
16 hours of Continuing Education Credits (CEC) are due December 31st on odd years.
Of the 16 required hours, (all may be taken online):
- 16 hours must be related to the licensee's field
The Louisiana Department of Health (LA DOH) requires all CEs to be pre-approved. The courses offered by TargetSolutions have been approved by the LA DOH to meet the requirements for a Water Operator.
Note: If an operator holds more than two certificates the operator is required to take 8 hours of CE for each held. It is the Operator's responsibility to obtain the correct training so that you will be able to renew your certificate when it is going to expire.