The following 5 courses were approved by The Florida Section of the American Water Works Association (FSAWWA):
- Pumping Stations - Piping, Valves and Hydraulics
- Pumping Stations - Pumps, Motors and Electrical Systems
- Drinking Water Quality - Critical Parameters
- Drinking Water Quality - Monitoring & Security
- Drinking Water Quality - Water Treatment Technology
Continuing Education Units (CEU) are due by April 30th on odd years where 1 CEU = 10 hours.
- Water Distribution System Operator requires 0.5 CEU
- Class A and B Water Operator requires 2 CEUs
- Class C Water Operator requires 1 CEU
- Class D Water Operator requires 0.5 CEU
Of the required hours, all may be online:
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection does not pre-approve courses. They accept courses approved by registered providers with the state. Florida Section of the American Water Works Association (FSAWWA) is a registered provider with the state. The courses offered have been approved by FSAWWA to meet the requirements of the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
Dual license holders with Class A or B must obtain 1.5 CEUs for each license (30 hours).