Administrators have the ability to embed documents into the Bulletin Board. If you want the document to be shown as an image (i.e. training schedule) then you will want to save your document as a .jpeg and click here to find out how to embed an image into the Bulletin Board. If you want to upload a document or PDF as a link into the Bulletin Board, use the following steps:
- Under Administration, click on File Center and upload your document.
- Under Details of the document you upload, you must check "Anybody with this link can view this resource" so that your users will be able to view the source. You will also want to copy the link that is presented below the check mark, which you may do by simply clicking on the link.
Note: Be sure that you are happy with the location of your file. If you move the file to another folder, the original shared link will no longer be active.
- Go back to the Home page and click the gear icon to edit the Bulletin Board
- Click the link button as highlighted below.
- In the Url section, paste the URL that you copied previously. In the Text to display section, enter the text that you would like to be linked to the Url. You may enter a Title if you wish, but it is not necessary. You may also keep the Target as None. Click Ok when you are done.
- The text you wanted to display should now show in your Bulletin Board as a blue hyperlink. Once users click on the link, the document will download to their computer.
Please see the following links for more information about the Bulletin Board: