This new course provides water industry professionals with the up-to-date training they need to utilize and maintain groundwater sources without producing harmful effects.
This one hour course addresses current parameters and environmental concerns. Delivered in a video-driven format, a course narrator breaks down key topics into modules and guides learners through each lesson. These self-paced modules also offer engaging animations and images to better illustrate concepts and formulas.
By the end of this course, water industry personnel will be able to achieve the following objectives:
- Identify the basics of groundwater management techniques
- Describe the concept of safe groundwater yield
- Compare & contrast the “safe yield concept” and the “sustainability concept”
- Identify the environmental factors that determine groundwater withdrawal rates
- Identify basic components of groundwater flow
- Recognize basic groundwater flow equations
- Identify types of aquifer material
- Identify aquifer parameters such as porosity, yield, storage and hydraulic conductivity