When generating a report, you might want to sort your data in a specific way. You may do this by exporting your report into an Excel spreadsheet and then using the sorting function. (Note: Your computer must have Microsoft Excel to produce the spreadsheet.)
Here is how it works:
1. Under the Administration tab, select Generate Reports.
2. Click the green Create New Report button. From the report type drop down, select the report you wish to run.
3. Once your report has run, you may click the Download button along the top and select Spreadsheet (No Header). Once you click this, an exported version of your report will be downloaded through Excel.
4. Open your downloaded report (a sample report is shown below). Select any box with data in it, and click the section labeled Sort & Filter located in the upper right corner.
5. Choose Custom Sort from the Sort & Filter option. Make sure to check My data has headers if it is not already checked. The custom sort will provide you with more detailed sorting options, as explained below.
There will be 3 drop down bars to specify your sorting:
- Column: This allows you to sort by any of the columns in your report.
- Sort On: This allows you to sort by the cell value, color or font. It is recommended to keep it on the default of Cell Values.
- Order: This allows you to sort from A to Z (smallest to largest), Z to A (largest to smallest) or a customized order of your choice.
You may also add (or delete) levels, if you want the report to be sorted first by one column and then by a different one. Select the criteria you prefer, and then click OK.
6. Congratulations, you have now sorted the report!