Equipment is for your high dollar figure assets. Anything that can be uniquely identified by a number should be tracked as equipment. Some items that would typically be tracked as equipment might be
All Equipment Items must be placed in an Equipment Pool. These are groups of like type equipment. What can you do on Equipment Pools?
- Equipment Check Step: Add an equipment pool with no chose item to a check sheet for assets that move between trucks
- Links and Files: Add files and links to help educate your members on how to use a tool
- Add instructions that show up in the checklist
- Inspections: - COMING SOON!
Equipment items should map to a physical asset in your agency. Equipment items can be found by one of two methods:
- Identifier: This would be a visual number attached to the equipment item. It must be unique within the equipment pool.
- Barcode/QR Code: [COMING SOON] Use our free mobile apps to scan Barcodes or QR Codes on your assets.
What can you do with Equipment?
TargetSolutions Check It can help keep track of your equipment, track repairs, and make sure the required inspections are being done. Here are the actions you can take on your equipment:
- Item Log: View an audit log of what all has happened to this equipment item
- Work Order Tickets: View the work order tickets associated with this equipment item
- Assign an item to a location or person: Know where your assets are
- Take an item in and out of service: Note when an equipment item is taken OOS
The following fields are available on equipment items
- Purchase Date
- Purchase Cost
- Tags - This is an additional way to organize your assets. You can create tags and then filter and search your list by those tags.