You have built an activity using the Activities Builder, and now you would like to quiz your users on the content. To insert a graded multiple choice test into your activity, you will want to use the Free Form Test Component.
Note: You may only add one test per activity.
- The reason Test is greyed out is because you have yet to create a test. To do this, open the Test Builder application under Administration. Before you can create a test, you need to add your questions. Click Question Bank from the grey bar in your Test Builder.
- Click New Category, and title the folder for the set of questions you are about to create. This will keep them organized for when you have many sets of questions in your Question Bank.
- Determine whether the questions should be made available to the administrators within the site (Public) or only available to you (Private). The description box enables you to provide the detailed information regarding the category. Then click Save.
- Click the drop down arrow next to the Category you have created and click the green plus button. Then enter your first multiple choice question along with possible answers.
- Under your list of potential answer choices, indicate to the right which answer choice should be marked as Correct when graded. Keep adding questions into your category until you have reached your desired number and then click Save.
- Click Test Library, and then New Test.
- On the left side under Question Bank, you are choosing which questions should be included in your test. Select your category, and then click the blue arrow next to the Category name to select all of your newly created questions. You may remove a question by selecting the red X to the right of it.
- Under Test Detail, choose a name for your Test, and the grade which your users must receive in order to pass. You may also choose to randomize the order of the questions, or change the test's access from Public to Private. Then, click Save.
- Go back to the Activities Builder, and open your activity. Click Test under Free Form Components.
- Select your new test and write instructions for your users. Decide how many attempts you want to allow your users to pass: enter a specific number of attempts (from 1 to 99) or choose unlimited attempts (you can run the Custom Activity Detail Report to see how many attempts they took). Then click Submit.
- Your activity is ready to be assigned to your users. The test will open in a Pop-up window.
- As an administrator, you can run a Completions Report in the Generate Reports application and see the Test Score for each of your users. For more detailed information, such as statistics for each question, you can run the Test Completions and Test Analysis Reports.