Troubleshooting: Launching Custom Course within Internet Explorer 11
1. Click on the assigned custom course located within your Schedule section or your My Assignments section to launch the course.
2. A blank page will appear, indicating that this is an issue with Internet Explorer 11.
3. To correct this, you will need to open your F12 Developer Tools. There are three ways you can do this:
- Click the F12 key at the top of your keyboard.
- Click the Gear icon underneath the red X in the top right corner. Select F12 Developer Tools.
- Click ALT on your keyboard, and a bar will appear near the top of your screen. Select Tools, then F12 Developer Tools.
A window will appear at the bottom of the screen as shown below.
4. On the left side of that bottom window, you will see a vertical black bar titled F12. Use the bottom white arrow to scroll to the last symbol, a "Computer Monitor''. Click on the "Computer Monitor'' icon and it will open the Emulation screen.
5. Under Emulation, you will choose the dropdown menu for User Agent String, the third option in the far left column. You will see that Default is selected. You will need to change this from Default to Internet Explorer 10.
7. After making this switch, go back to your homepage, open up and launch your course. The course will begin to run properly.
NOTE: If you are using a Microsoft Surface Pro 2, use these instructions.