Since there is no “preview” button on the platform, the best way to test out a course before assigning it would be to read the Course Description, assign the course to yourself, and then remove the demo assignment from your schedule.
Read the Course Description
- Under Administration, select Course Library. Either scroll through the library or type in the title into the search bar.
- Once you check the box, the Course Settings below will populate. This is where you can read the Course Description.
- If you need more details, or would like to see the layout of the course, you would then assign the course to yourself.
Assign the Course to Yourself
- Under Administration, drop down the 'Assignments' tab, and select Create New Assignments, then find your course on the list. Check the box and click Continue.
- Select your name from the list in Column 2, and make sure you are the only name listed in Column 3. Then click Continue again.
- You can leave the assignment settings blank since this is just a demo, and then click Continue to assign the course.
- Back on your home screen, you will the assignment listed on your Schedule. Click to launch the course.
- Once you have seen enough, you can then remove the assignment from your Schedule.
Remove the Demo Assignment from your Schedule
- Under Administration, drop down the 'Assignments' tab, and select Manage Assignments. Select your name in Column 2, and make sure you are the only name listed in Column 3. Then, click Continue.
- This will list all of your pending assignments. Check the box next to the course you previewed, and click Continue.
- Check the box next to the assignment, and click Delete Selected.
- Back on your home screen, you will see the assignment is gone.
- From here, you can either assign the course to your users via Create New Assignment, or find an alternate course to preview from the Course Library.