Let’s say you have an Excel Spreadsheet or any sort of document that you need to share with your users. Instead of sending out a static table, one you would need to replace and re-share every time you need to make an adjustment, you can use a Google Doc that will automatically update. This is called a “live” spreadsheet. Then, you can embed the Google Doc in your TargetSolutions Bulletin Board. This way, every time you update the document, the Bulletin Board will automatically update as well and your users will see this new information.
Here's how to:
1. Create a Google Doc at https://docs.google.com/ - it’s free! You can either enter your information, or import it from an existing file from your computer. Once it is ready to be shared, click File and then Publish to Web.
2. On the Publish to the Web window, click the drop down arrow for Published content & settings and then click Start Publishing.
3. From the Publish to the web page, click on the Embed tab.
Highlight the code outlined in the image below, right click, and select Copy.
4. Now log in to TargetSolutions. Click the gear icon on the top right corner of the Bulletin Board.
5. On the Edit page, click the source code button highlighted below. This brings up a window where you can enter embed codes.
6. Now Right click and Paste in the code. Then, click Ok.
Note: If you would like to change the size of the spreadsheet, simply add width=500 height=400 (entering the width and height you want) to the text in between 'iframe' and 'src', as shown below.
7. Save the changes to the Bulletin Board, and you will see your live spread-sheet in there. All users will see this when they log in. You can test it out by going back to your Google Doc and adding new information. Now switch back to TargetSolutions, and you will see the Bulletin Board changed as well.
Please see the following links for more information about Bulletin Board: