In order to assign users to view a resource such as a video or PDF, you must add the resource to the File Center, attach it to the custom activity and then assign out the activity to your users. To do so, follow the steps outlined below:
Add the resource to the File Center:
1. Open the File Center and click Upload File or Add Link.
2. If the file is saved on your computer, drag it to the uploader. In this example, we will use a PDF.
3. If you are uploading a link to a website, click Web Address and then enter the URL. Click Add URL.
Attach it to a Custom Activity:
1. Under Administration, select Activities Builder. Then click Create a New Activity.
2. Pick a Category, choose a Name, and then fill out any other relevant information. Once you are done, click Save.
3. Add any components from the list on the right that you need tracked. Under Free Form Components, click on Resource to add a resource.
4. Select the resource from the File Center and click Continue.
5. Now, you may add instructions. If you want to ensure that your user opened the attachment, check the box for Require an E-signature. Once you are done, click Submit.
Assign out the activity to your users:
1. Under Administration, select Create New Assignment. Check the box next to the name of the activity that you just created. Then click Continue.
2. Choose the users desired users from Column 2. Once selected, they will appear in Column 3. You can narrow down your search by using Column 1.
3. You can now select Start and Due Dates, as well as Email Notification Settings. Click Submit when finished.