Administrators can easily create new assignments for users. Here’s how it works:
- After dropping down the Assignments tab, and selecting Create New Assignments from the Administration section, check the boxes next to the courses and/or activities you would like to assign and select
Note: Use the search bar at the top of the page to filter the list of Courses & Activities. You can also use Advanced Options to narrow the results by Category and Tag. If you would like more information on adding Tags to your site, please contact TargetSolutions.
2. Select the users you want to receive the assignment(s).
- Narrow By: This option allows you to utilize your User Groups to filter the list in the Select Users box.
- Select Users: You can further filter the list by using the Search bar at the top of the column. Check the box next to the name of each user you wish to assign training. You can click Select all visible at the bottom to automatically check all the boxes in the column.
- Remove Users: To remove a user from the list, either uncheck their name in the Select Users column, or click on their name in the Users Selected column. To reset the list, click Clear all to remove all users.
3. After selecting the users, click the 'Continue' button.
4. Provide dates and email settings for your assignments:
a. Administrators have the ability to send out an email to users when the assignments become available, one week prior to assignments being due, and/or when the assignments are overdue. Within the option for when the assignments are overdue, you may also choose to send a recurring weekly email reminder that assignments are overdue. If the option for when the assignments become available is selected, it will not appear until the date entered in the Start Date field, unless left blank it will be sent immediately. Use the text field to attach a custom message to any of these notifications. The message will appear in email notifications, but not the platform notifications.
b. To assign the same date for all assignments selected, enter dates in the universal start and due date section.
c. To schedule the course(s) in the future, include the future date in the Start Date field. Please note that these courses will no show up on a user's home page until the selected Start Date.
d. Include a Due Date and Time. If no time is selected, it will default to midnight of the specified date.
Note: To make courses available optionally, you will want to make them available to Self-Assign in the Course Library. (Include link to article)
5. Confirm that the selected users and assignments are correct and click .
Note: Any assignments that you create will only be provided to users who have registered and to whom you have chosen to receive the assignment.
Please see the following links for more information about Assignments: