Administrators and Supervisors with Event Add/Manage access have the ability to create, schedule and track events. Creating new events is available through Manage Events on the administration tab.
Here’s how it works:
- Access from the Administration tab and then click in the upper right corner.
- Fill in the following information:
- Name: Indicates the event’s name.
- Start Date: Date and time the event will begin. Start time defaults to today’s date and current hour.
- End Date: Date and time the event will end. End time defaults to one hour after the event start time.
- Duration: Duration of the event. Changing the duration will automatically change your event end time.
- Location: Indicates where the event will be held.
- Instructor: Indicates the instructor of the event.
- Description: The event description provides users additional information about the event.
- Web Meeting Link:
- If your event includes a web meeting link, you can add it using this field. Users can access this link directly from the Event Card available in My Events.
- If your organization has purchased a Web Events license, instead of a web meeting link field, the designated platform manager will have the ability to schedule a Web Event by checking the Web Event box. If an organization would like to give more than one administrator the ability to create and host web events, it can contact TargetSolutions' client services team for information. After a Web Event has been created by a platform manager, the event will appear in the Open Events section of the Organization’s home tab. Users can access the Web Event by clicking on the “Join Web Meeting” link from the Event Card available in My Events.
- Enrollment: By selecting Closed Enrollment, only administrators and supervisors with access to Manage Enrollment can enroll users in an event. The event will not appear to users in My Events unless they are enrolled in it. By selecting Open Enrollment, the event will appear to users in My Events. However, platform managers can limit which users will be able to enroll in the event using the following settings:
- Close enrollment when __ users enroll: Once the specified number of users has enrolled in the event, the event will be removed from the list of Open Events and no additional users will be able to enroll.
When a user enrolls, require approval: Lets event creators require approval. All administrators can approve enrollment. Any Supervisor who has been given access to Approve Enrollment Requests for events created by others can also approve enrollment. In addition, if the event creator is a Supervisor, they can also approve enrollment for their own events, but only for the users they oversee.
Close enrollment on __ (select date and time): Once the specified date and time arrives, the event will be removed from the list of Open Events and no additional users will be permitted to enroll.
Limit enrollment to users in the following groups: Lets administrators control who sees the event in My Events.
- Allow users to unenroll from event: Lets event creators specify if enrollees can withdraw from an event themselves.
- Send e-mail notification to users at the time they enroll: Sends an e-mail to users when an administrator enrolls them in an event, or once they enroll themselves in the event
Send e-mail reminder to enrolled users __ days before the event: Automatically sends a reminder e-mail to all users enrolled in an event. Administrators can specify the number of days before the event this e-mail will be generated.
Send e-mail notification to alert users that the event is available for enrollment: Sends an e-mail alert announcing a new event.
When a user enrolls, notify: Me, Administrator, Supervisor: Sends a notification to the event creator or the chosen user type(s) when a user enrolls. Notifications are sent through the platform and through email.
Note: All e-mails will come from email@example.com.
3. Click to submit the event.
Please see the following links for more information about Manage Events: