Administrators can easily upload files and links to their File Center. Files can now be uploaded to the File Center in mass.
Here's how it works:
- Click on the name of the folder that you would like to add your file(s) into then click “Upload File or Add Link.” The file must be smaller than 2GB and have one of the following extensions: jpg ,gif, png, doc, pdf, xls, txt, docx, xlsx, ppt, pptx, ppstx, aac, ac3, mp3, ogg, wav, wmv, asf, avi, flv, m4v, mov, mpg, mp4, m4a, 3gp, 3g2, mj2
- If uploading a link, select the "Web Address" button, enter the URL to the site and click on "Add URL".
- If uploading a file, select the "File & Video" button. Either drag your files or video into the designated space that says "Drag Files Here" or click "Add Files" and choose the file or files you want from the pop-up window and click Open. Your files will then begin to upload and will display below the upload box. At this point your files will be updated.
- If uploading a Scorm or Articulate course, click on the "Articulate & Scorm" button. Either drag the zip file into the designated space that says "Drag Files Here" or click the "Add Files" button and choose the desired file from the pop-up window and click "Open". The course will begin to download. If it is an Articulate presentation it will stay in the file center. If it is a Scorm course, after it is uploaded, it will move to the course library.
- Once all files have been selected, click "Start Upload"
- You may make any of the following changes to your files and links, but will need to click Update once complete:
- Change the Title for the file.
- Fill out the Description for the file.
- Add any applicable Tags to enable key word searches if shared in Community Resources
- By selecting Share with Link, anybody with the link will be able to view the file
- By selecting Share in Community Resources, your file will also be uploaded to Community Resources.
- You may also enter a Version, which allows you to specify the date the document was created or any other important information.
- Select the type of users the file or link is accessible by.
Please see the following links for more information about the File Center: