The File Center, provides a secure online location for administrators to manage and import their organization’s resources. Within the File Center you can upload documents, grant document permissions, create a shared document link, upload SCORM courses and organize your departments files.
Here's how it works:
Access the File Center from within your Homepage or within your Administration tab by clicking the File Center icon on the left side. Click Upload File or Add Link.
*It is suggested for the most organized File Center to first Create A New Folder. See Link below.
This will open the uploading page, from here you can choose the type of file you wish to upload (Fire & Video, Articulate & Scorm, and Web Address). You can add your file by either dragging and dropping the file(s) from your computer into the up-loader, or click the Select the File(s) button to browse through your computers available files. Once selected the file will upload automatically.
Note: There are some file requirements you can view these by clicking on the, See File requirements link as shown above.
Once the file is 100% uploaded, you can edit the Details in the box below.
Within the details you will have several options:
- Title: Custom name for your document
- Description: An area for a description of your file
- Tags: Enables key word searches if shared in Community Resources
- Share with Link: Allows you to create a shared web-based link that will allow any one with the link to gain access to your document. You will also need yo make sure this is checked if you would like this view-able within an activity.
- Share in Community Resources: Allows others with access to Community Resources the option to search and access your file within the Community Resources tab.
- Accessible By: Provides access to the document by Supervisors and All Users without granting full File Center access. Note: if you are a Supervisor uploading a document you will need to select the option for Supervisors to view your document after it is added within the File Center.
Congratulations, the file is now available within your organizations site!
Please see the following links for more information about the File Center:
Additional Help- Administrator How-To FAQs using the File Center: