Supervisors are given specific rights to certain Users and applications within their TargetSolutions site. Only Administrators can Create Supervisors and Give Appropriate Access to Oversee Users in Manage Users, however Supervisors with access to Manage Supervisors will be able to mass create and manage existing supervisors in the Manage Supervisors tool.
Here's how to:
- In the Administration section, select Manage Users.
- Click the green Find Users button located within the Manage Users section.
- Select the Users from within the section '2. Select Users' list and click continue.
- Click on the name of the person you wish to modify.
- Select the Access Tab from the option bar.
- Here you will find the Groups User Oversees. These selections determine which Users the Supervisor will see and what groups they will be able to manage within the site.
Note: A Supervisor essentially has limited rights to specific applications as well as Users.
When giving a Supervisor access to oversee users, it is important to note that the more boxes checked between categories (i.e. Rank, Shift, Station, etc.) the more limited the Users become.
For Example: If you select for a Supervisor to oversee Rank: firefighter, Shift: A and EMS Classification: Basic. The user must have all three groups selected within their Organization potion of their account. If a user is missing one of the three categories, they will not pull within the Supervisors list even if they fall within the other two categories. Please see the examples below:
Example of Limited Access to Users: (Filters the user list)
Example of Access to All Users: (Provides access to all users when the specific group that is selected has been given to all users. Ex: If all users have a Rank or Battalion assigned to them)