Reportable Components is a set of defined components that can be added to activities to collect information in a consistent and reportable fashion. A standard set of Reportable Components are available in every site, including Date Complete, Duration, Training Category, Method of Training and more.
Note: To add, delete or rename Components, an Administrator will need to email Support with the request.
Each Reportable Component can collect data responses in any of the following ways:
- Text: Short text box, meant for answers up to a single sentence long
- Long Text: Longer text box, meant for lengthy responses
- Number: Numbers only
- Date: Date entries only. A calendar widget will pop up with this response to choose the appropriate date, if necessary.
- Multiple Choice: Drop down box of predefined answers. You can also make this option Multi-Select, allowing for multiple selections from the predefined answers.*
*Please note that administrators CAN add and delete Component selections from Drop Down or Multi-Select Components from Manage Components in Activities Builder.
To change the way a Component collects data, or to edit Component Selections in the case of a multiple choice Component, go to Manage Components in the Activities Builder.
Here’s how it works:
- In Activities Builder, click on Manage Components.
- Select the Reportable Component you wish to add/edit from the drop down menu.
- Select the Answer Type that goes with the component you have selected. If you select Multiple Choice, you will need to specify the available options. If you would like users to be able to select multiple responses, select Allow multiple responses.
- After determining the Answer Type, click Submit to save the settings.
- After saving one component, you can continue editing until you have successfully updated all of your required components. They will then be available to be included in the Activities Builder.
Note that ALL Activities containing the edited Component will update.
Please see the following links for more information about Activities Builder: