When creating a New Credential, administrators have the ability to select several different options.
Here’s how to:
- In Manage Credentials, click the Down Arrow next to the Credentials category containing your credential.
- Select the credential you wish to edit.
- Click the Gear Icon next to Credential Options.
- Choose from the following options:
Category: Select the Category to which this credential belongs to.
Name: Enter/Edit the name of the credential.
Description: Limited to 500 characters.
Tags: Select optional available tags. Manage Available Tags
- Start date: Administrators can create and require a start date for a credential.
- Expiration date: Administrators can set and require an expiration date for a credential. Please note an expiration date is required for setting up alerts.
- Credential Number: This option is for credentials or licenses that have a certification number.
View and Edit:
- Allow users to view and/or edit this credential: Administrators can elect to give or not give users the ability to view their credential information in their own profile.
Note: Users cannot view credentials before their credential start date
- My Credentials: Allows the users to view the credential within their My Credentials section of their account.
- Schedule: Allows the user to view the credential within their home page under the schedule section.
- Pin to Schedule: Administrators have the option to keep the credential “pinned” and visible on the user’s home page Schedule.
Note: Once the credential has been completed, it will no longer show in the schedule on the home page, even if this option has been selected.
- Allow users to edit: Administrators can allow users to modify their credential information in their own profile.
Grace Period: Allowing a grace period gives users a number of days after their expiration date to achieve and submit course and activity completions. For more information, check out Credential Grace Period.
Auto Renewal: This section allows administrators to choose if they would like the credential to automatically renew for the next term.
- On requirement completion date: If this option is selected, the credential will automatically reset at midnight on the date the final requirement is met.
- On expiration date: If this option is selected, the credential will automatically reset at midnight on the expiration date, if all requirements have been met.
- Do not automatically renew credential: If selected the credential will not renew automatically.
5. Once you are done, click Save.
Please see the following links for more information about Manage Credentials: