This article will walk through the key features of the Bulletin Board editor.
Open the Editor:
From your Homepage, click the gear icon on the Bulletin Board window to open the Editor.
Anything beyond typing a basic message will require use of the Editing Tools at the top of the screen.
Customizing the text:
The following tools will help you customize your text. You can change the size, add text color or background colors, adjust the alignment, change the style, and add effects.
Inserting a link:
Click the Link icon on the Editor bar to insert a link to another website. A window will appear where you fill out the following information:
- URL: link to website, beginning with http://
- Text to Display: the text your user will be seeing and clicking on
- Title: when your user scrolls over, this text will appear as a preview
- Target: whether this link will open in the same window (None), replacing TargetSolutions, or in a new and separate window in their browser (New Window).
Inserting an Image:
To embed an image onto your Bulletin Board, click the Insert Image button on your Editor. A window will appear where you fill out the following information:
- Source: the web address of the image. You can first post it to your File Center to generate a web address. Once it's in your File Center, open the file and copy the URL.
- Dimensions: the size of the image. To fit to the size of the Bulletin Board, insert the number 316 in the first box. The constrain proportions option will auto-populate the number that should be in the second box.
Inserting a Video:
To embed an image onto your Bulletin Board, click the Insert Image button on your Editor. A window will appear where you will have the option to post the video using the web address (under the General tab) or post using the Embed Code (under the Embed tab).
Under General, paste your link under the Source. For the dimensions, place the number 316 in the first box in order for the video to fit in the Bulletin Board. The next number will auto-populate.
Once you click OK, the video will show up as a placeholder in the Edit mode. Once you click Submit and save your changes, you will see the video on your Bulletin Board.